These make a wonderful vegan treat – lighter than traditional brownies and naturally gluten free and vegan. Using the Ginger Kefir (vegan) helps create a light, moist texture and imparts a delicious warming spiced flavour.
Makes 16 slices
- 150g almond nut butter or cashew nut butter
- 150ml Mount Olympus ginger kefir
- 75g coconut sugar or xylitol
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 125g gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25g gluten free oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 75g chocolate chips (vegan if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Place the nut butters, kefir, sugar, vanilla and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the flour, soda, oats and cinnamon and process until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 20cm square tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The top should be set. Let the Blondies cool for 15 minutes before cutting into bars.
Nutritionals per slice:
147kcal, fat 7.3g, saturates 1.8g, carbohydrates 15.8g, sugars 3.9g, protein 3.7g, salt 0.2g
Special thanks to Christine Bailey (TV Nutritionist, Chef & Presenter) for creating this wonderful recipe using our Vegan Ginger Kefir and for allowing us to share it with our clients!!